Monday 26 November 2012

Evaluation Question 4

What have you learned from your audience feedback?

Here are some points I picked out from my feedback of all three of my pieces.

Magazine Advertisement.


+Clear layout.I realise it is important for the information to be easily understood in order for it to be remembered by the viewer.
+Star ratings show support.Star ratings allow people to see what trusted sources believe of the artist in a quick and easy glance.
+Nice image of a dry-stone wall.
-Not much colour.I tried to leave the advertisement quite plain in order for the artists name, and album title, to be more visable.
-Wispy font is slightly unclear.It may not be as clear as some fonts however I felt it was important to use a font that would be easily related to the name 'Tartan Rascals'.
-Image is too transparent.I don't see this as a problem as I did it on purpose, in an effort to achieve one of Dyer's paradoxes 'The star must be simultaneously present and absent for the consumer'.


Digi pak.

+Cohesive with advertisement.
This was one of my main aims as I believe it is important to help audiences recognise the digi pak, and this can be achieved through using similar images as is present on advertisements for that product.
+Contains logo of record company.
It is obvious that the record company would like to promote its company to admirers of the artist as well as using its own corporate image as a way to promote the artist.
+Barcode and webaddress for identifying the digi pak.
I saw the use of a barcode and web address on every digi pak I examined. I also understand its significance in marketing additional products to consumers whom have already purchased the digi pak.
-'About the band' section does not fit in with rest of digi pak.
I do not agree with this point as it uses the same style of text box that is found on the back of the digipak(slide 2).
-Lack of colour.
This was a conscious decision in order to keep the digi pak cohesive with the design of the magazine advert.
-The photograph was too small and transparent (slide 4/6, inside right).
This was in an effort to adere to Dyer's idea and to the image in the magazine advertisement.


Video.
+The table and newspaper scene shows good editing.
I believed it was an important part to put into the narative, in order to show the characters fustration at the news he was reading.
+Links to the newspapers.
This was one of the origional ideas I had when deciding on the narrative I would create.
+Suitable actor.
I agree that the actor fitted well with the song when dressed in the casual costume.
-Not many angles.(within performance)
Additional angles would have been better. However, I did have footage taken from different angles which I was unable to use due to poor quality and I did not leave myself enough time for re-filming.
-Some performance scenes seemed too long.
I believe that I could have made it feel shorter with more cuts, however the physical length had to be there due to the long introduction of the song.
-The performer looks angry.
I felt it was important to have an element of fustration in order for the lyrics to fit, however I agree that the bright lighting led to an angry expression.


No comments:

Post a Comment